Early Book Review: The Bee Book by Charlotte Milner

The Bee Book by Charlotte Milner is currently scheduled for release on February 6 2018. It is an introduction to the humble honeybee: nature's hardest worker, and much more than just a provider of honey! Bees are incredibly industrious, brilliant at building, super social, and--most importantly--responsible for a third of every mouthful of food you eat! Find out how bees talk to one another, what it takes to become a queen bee, what the life of a worker bee is like, and more. The contents include bee anatomy, types of bee, hives, colonies, pollination, making honey, and more. Discover just how much they matter, why they are declining, and what you can do to help!
The Bee Book is a wonderful and accessible look at bees. The illustrations were very well done, and while accurate some still had a sense of whimsy that will made the read even more interesting for younger readers. I like the way that the information was given in small doses, and well presented, in a way that is both understandable and so that it is seen as important and valuable. I knew bees were amazing, and thought I knew how many different kids of bees there were, and other important things about them. While I did know a good deal, from reading other books about bees, I still learned a few new things and got a fresh perspective on others. I found this to be an informative and engaging read, which always makes me happy in the realm of children's non fiction. 

The Bee Book is a wonderful resource and I would consider it to be an asset to a home, public, school, or classroom library. I think it is well done, as I expect any nonfiction books from DK to be. 

No comments: