Book Review: Grimbeard: Tales of the Last Dwarf by Samwise Didier

Grimbeard: Tales of the Last Dwarf by Samwise Didier is a collection of six short stories featuring an elf hating dwarf. These bawdy and boisterous stories featuring all original artwork by legendary Blizzard Entertainment art director Samwise Didier, this tome follows Captain Grimbeard as he organizes underground fight clubs, boxes elven bounty hunters, ducks amorous giants, and most important—searches for a place to empty his beer-filled bladder. 
Grimbeard: Tales of the Last Dwarf is an entertaining read, but I will admit that I found the cover and artwork that can be found throughout the book better than the narrative. The adventures of Grimbeard were insane, in a fun and entertaining way, but his chatty style occasionally irritated me more than I expected it to. I liked the idea, come on who would not want to read about a dwarf pirate with a deep seated hatred of silly elves? The plot lines and illustrations lived up to my hopes completely, it was only the narrative style that distracted me and kept me from getting lost in the adventures.

No comments: